Wednesday, January 25, 2012

[ new GENERATION ]


If you ever did some cross-stich embroideries you know how long it takes to produce something like that!! Big respect from my side... !

This is the work of artist INGE JACOBSEN.
The work Jacobsen is currently making is an intervention into found images through embroidery, cutting & collaging. It takes roughly 50 hours to finish one image!
Jacobsen: "Another theme and concept I’m exploring in my work is the ‘objectness’ of a photograph. By bringing the surface of the image to the attention of the viewer I want them to acknowledge the stitched pieces as objects rather than just images. It seems appropriate to be using fashion magazines as women are often objectified within them. There is also a link between the feminine craft of cross stitching and the women’s magazine. I’d like the viewer to see the connection between women’s hobbies from generations ago and the hobbies and past-times of my generation...."


What a work!

No comments:

Post a Comment